"If You Say So"
I stopped arguing
with the sky
the day it rained
on my brightest morning.
I stopped asking questions
when my prayers
came back to me
untouched—
like letters
no one ever opened.
Life handed me
unfinished conversations,
half-opened doors,
and names.
I had to unlearn
like forgotten songs.
I never asked why.
I never demanded answers.
I only watched
as things changed quietly,
as if life
was writing my story
without asking me first.
And fate—
it never explained,
only rearranged.
So now,
when another storm arrives
without warning,
I stand still,
watching the clouds gather,
and whisper softly—
If you say so.
If you say
this is the road I must walk,
I will walk it
barefoot,
learning the language
of thorns.
If you say
this silence is necessary,
I will fold my words
and keep them
in the pockets of my heart.
some people are only meant
to pass through my life—
I will let them go,
not as losses,
but as chapters
that shaped me.
I learned—
is meant to be heard.
in the quiet acceptance
of things
we cannot change.
So life,
fate,
destiny—
whatever name you carry today,
I am listening.
And this time,
I won't argue.
I'll just nod,
like someone
who finally understands
that not every surrender
is weakness.
Some are peace.
If you say so.
— Sobiya Amin
Comments