"The Weight of Unspoken Things"

Sometimes, the heart grows heavy in silence,
as though it carries a storm no one else can see.
My eyes gather tears, yet I hold them back,
standing among people who are quietly occupied
with the demands of their own lives.

I do not blame them.
Everyone is carrying something unseen,
everyone has a role to fulfill,
a responsibility to meet,
a quiet battle they are already fighting.

And still, a question lingers within me—
if I needed someone in this very moment,
would anyone leave their burdens aside
just to listen?

I have always been present for others,
offering patience, understanding and time.
Yet when it comes to my own heart,
I do not know how to open the door.
I do not know how to speak
of the weight I carry.

A thought stops me each time—
what if I disturb them?

So I remain silent.

I do not seek solutions,
nor answers to untangle everything at once.
I only wish for someone
to sit beside me quietly,
to listen patiently,
so the heaviness within me
might soften, even for a moment.

Because sometimes,
loneliness is not the absence of people,
but the absence of someone
who sees your silence
and stays.

And so it is just me,
my quiet room,
and a reflection blurred by tears
I never intended to show.

I have never learned
how to share my breaking moments.
I have always gathered myself in silence,
closing the doors gently,
carrying everything alone.

But today, the weight feels deeper,
the thoughts louder,
the silence heavier than before.

I do not want to disturb anyone.
My heart remains full of unspoken words,
quietly waiting for someone
who would listen without haste,
without judgment—
just to make this loneliness
feel a little less heavy. 🤍


— Sobiya Amin

Comments

Anonymous said…
🫶❤️
Anonymous said…
The silence after reading this felt heavier than the poem itself. Beautifully haunting.....
Anonymous said…
so many of us live like this

Popular Posts